Re: MR: Hobbit Stereotypes

Poster: homan@nando.net (Fred Homan)

Alfredo el Bufon wrote the following:
> Liuther map Conan, wrote, postscriptically:
>
> > PS, I for one would gladly bring back hobbits in exchange for removing the
>
> It's been a long time since I've read any Tolkien, so I may well be
> mistaken, but it seems to me that most hobbits were very stuffy and
> intolerant, _and_ given to pipe-smoking on the list-field.  I think
> the dwarves would be better for livening up events.

That sounds accurate to me.  Hobbits are not the kind of people we want to
have in.  Too elitist and a closed society.  Elves, though.  We could have
the Elves back.  :-)  And, the dwarves would be fun since they're grumbly
towards non-dwarves but not actually intolerant.

--
Aedric the Green					IKA Fred Op
House Howling Mouse					homan@nando.net