Re: Modern Personal Conveniences

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Lady Gabriella, you write:

>                     Esclarmonde brings up a valid point...now my question
> to you, good denizens of Cheapside, is what is considered "reasonably
> accurate?"

What does being "Reasonably Accurate" have to do with being "educational"?

Is the most important thing we are teaching about the Middle Ages the
correct combination of cloths and accessories?

Or is it perhaps, the importance of Courtesy, Chivalry, Honor, Loyalty,
Largese, Temperance, Chastity, ...

				... and how they can really work together
to make a pleasant and enjoyable Society?

Baroness Annejka would never suggest that her Nikes are period shoes, but
if you want to see pictures of period shoes, or even get help making them,
I am sure she would be willing to show you the books and lend you the help
you need.

What we cannot effect in our garb, we can still teach about, and in doing
so BE educational.  Cloths may help set the atmosphere of our Society,
but a real Scadian is one who retains his/her virtues even out of garb.

Leifr Johansson