Re: group names

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

> Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>
>

> > > In the winter are those in Charlottesville Isinfurriers?
> > > Miriam E
> > It just becomes the land of the 'Isensnow'! Miriam R
>
> >A snowball appears out of nowhere and whizzes by Miri's head... no
> >wait,
> wrong tavern.<
>
> Aaaarrrrrgggghhh!
>
> Though when I was *in* Isenfir I thought that "ice'n'snow" referred
> to Black Diamond... and last 12th Night did naught to dispel that
> notion.
>
> Evan

<Duck> Well, actually, it first referred to Charlottesville winters like the
one that finally caused UVA to close for snow for the first time in 150
years('Isensnow')....a few years later, it became a reference to Black Diamond
("ice'n'snow").  The idea originally came from the Led Zeppelin song, as I
recall...they slurred it into the 'Land of the Isensnow', which I thought
described the winter pretty well, having come from Texas.....

Miri