Re: Oranges

Poster: teresa marie nava-vaughn <tmn@wam.umd.edu>

Ahh, what Dafydd ate was a Sevillana orange.  Great for marmalade, very
bad for eating plain. Our garden in Spain had one of these deceptive
little trees.  I will not likely forget the look in Xenophon's
face when he took a great big bite out of one of those bitter little
buggers.  They continue to use such oranges in an ornamental
capacity in many Spanish public centers because few people want to pick
them.  However, the sweet Valencia style oranges were also grown in
southern Spain in period.

C o'Stow