Event Announcement

Poster: "N. C. Honeycutt" <missemma@coastalnet.com>

Your Pardon for this posting
This Announcement is mainly for those folks in the surrounding Shires
and Cantons, but anyone who's going to be down this way give us a call
we'd love to have you.

IN THE ELEVENTH HOUR

Jan 3-5 1997

	The fair and gentle fok of the Shire of Seareach are in a
frenzy!!!  Twelfth Night is swiftly approaching and they would very much
enjoy attending, but we can't seem to find our stuff! Have you ever had
that happen?  Ms. Fortune has cried havoc upon us all!  We can't find
our fest gear, our garb , our banners, and where are the directions,
where are we gonna crash, and where are we going to the enough money???
Oh my!! We're expected to fight and we can't get all our armor together,
the trunk is getting smaller and smaller.  We've lost all the keys, and
now someone mentions reservations?  What do you mean reservations?  What
ever are we to do?  What to do....
	Please, join the frenzy and survey the scramble as Seareach
presents the ELEVENTH HOUR QUEST FOR THE KEYS, CURIOSITIES AND
FRIVOLITIES.
See what surprises are in store as you make haste to prepare for 12th
night.  Play in this quest in teams of 3 (1 fighter and 2 gentles).  The
quest will be followed by more H.W. fun ( Hog Wild, Heavy Weapons, Hot
Water?) than you can shake a stick at.  In the late afternoon prepare to
dance and perhaps show your prowess in wooing a lucky love with cloven
fruit.  It's rumored that smalls (and talls) plan to decorate a Knight,
and St. Nicholas may still be in the neighborhood.
A Chinese gift exchange is planned (wrap an SCA gift under $10, if you
wnat to participate).  Feast will be provided al-a pot luck by the shire
folk and we plan a wassail bowl.  If you feel complelled to contribute a
covered dish, dessert is always welcome.
The cost is $3.00 - No matter what, so you might as well plan to stay
and eat, you won't want to miss the fun.  This is a below the salt event
(way below the salt).
The location for this frenzy filled weekend is the home of Lady Pez,
deep in the swamp of Seareach.
The site is sopping wet and crash space and tenting space is plentiful.
Site opens at 2:00pm on Friday and, if you please, go home by dark
Sunday.
Please direct reservations or questions to the Autocrat Lady Kaille'
Sue Lisak 910-392-2543  115 Beasley Rd Wilmington, NC 28409  Make Checks
payable to the Shire of Seareach, SCA inc.

Directions:  Take your best route to Hwy 74.  Take Whiteville exit for
701 by-pass ( the 2nd one if your coming from Wilmington/the 1st if your
coming from Fayetteville).  Go 5.5 MIles throught town south on Hwy 701
by-pass to Rough and Ready Rd.   Turn right at the Phillips 66 gas
station.  Go 1.3 miles.  Brick House on left (black shutters).  Signs
will be posted.  1331 Rough and Ready Rd.  910-642-8077

I thank you and you may now return to your beverages.
Email questions may be addressed to me
missemma@coastalnet.com

Emma Lawles
House Wildrose