RE: Well it finally happened to me...

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

>----------

Having no wish to humiliate anyone is an adult attitude.  Berating
someone for
improper garb at a demo is not.  Whenever I've been at a demo where the
garb
was "inappropriate" (newcomer wearing a white belt, etc.) it was quietly
explained
that they may want to change.  However making a large scene that the
public
can see about inappropriate garb embarrasses the society as well.  This
is the
public's first image of the society in many cases.  Polite behavior is
always required.
When I see such public behavior that could offend, I report the
individual to their
local superior or their local seneschal.  If it is a seneschal making
public scenes
over garb I report their behavior to their superior.  It's nice not to
want to humiliate
anyone but it's also (in my opinion) the "victim's" responsibility to
report the individual
so there are no other "victims".  Sorry to ramble and hope I haven't
misunderstood
your point.  It is a little early for me to be posting.

Rebecca