Re: Scroll idea

Poster: Alys of Foxdale <foxdale@wolfstar.com>

> Poster: Logan and Arielle <logan123@charlotte.infi.net>
>
> We just got this email and I wanted to see (only for a very SHORT time
> what the rest of you thought about the idea.
>
> TRM Logan & Arielle

[Here was snipped an interesting idea.]

At first reading, I like this idea a lot.  I can't tell you how many
courts I've been to where I could see only a vague paper-shaped
splodge where the scroll was purported to be (ok, I admit that my
eyesight is not the best even with correction).  One is lucky to be
able to see a scroll from the back of a large court even if one does
have good sight.  Most of the time I don't know the recipient well
enough to track him down afterwards to ask for a better viewing.

On the other hand, if scrolls were set out for display, someone would
have to take extra time and trouble to set them out for display, and
an extra table would be needed. This could be difficult and not at all
practical if court is during or after the feast.

Another thing to be considered is protecting the scrolls from harm.
[It must be admitted that even though none of us would *ever* bring
food or drink near someone else's scroll (right, guys?), many of us
bring children who are yet not so well trained.]  Perhaps a large
sheet of clear plastic would do the job.

I think this idea would be a Good Thing -- as long as arrangements for
display and protection are made in advance.

   Alys of Foxdale        | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@wolfstar.com      |     argent, a fox passant gules.