Re: Scroll idea

Poster: "Scott Dean" <nacspsd@acs2.acs.ncsu.edu>

Greeting from Manus MacDhai!

I have been following this conversation about displaying the scrolls
that have been presented with some interest.  I think many of the
ideas (like having a "safe" display area and using poster frames to
protect the scrolls on display) have a lot of merit and I have the
following suggestion regarding the "the scroll has been presented
and is now the property of the recipient..." issue.  What if the
Crown were to ask the recepient if their scroll could be "Displayed
in State" for the remainder of the evening/until after feast/for
<period to be determined> ?  The recipent could opt to have the
scroll now if they choose ("I am leaving right after Court...") or
have the honor of having their scroll displayed so that ALL at the
event might have a chance to see it.  The poster frames for
"displaying in state" become something that follows the royalty (or
Clerk Signet ?)... <hmmm>

Just some thoughts....

-- Manus MacDhai
   Kappellenberg/Windmasters' Hill