Re: All this scroll talk

Poster: "Heather Swann" <swann@intercon.com>

> Poster: Logan and Arielle <logan123@charlotte.infi.net>
>
> We think that the idea is pretty much a hit.  What We would like to
> see happen is for some of you "creative minded" people to come up
> with ideas for SAFE displays.  After talking to Her Majesty about this
> We have decided to (hopefully) start a new trend here in Atlantia.
> That being a display of scrolls following directly after court.  We
> will start doing this at 12th night.  What We would like to ask of
> anyone who is interested is that you create "prototypes" of scroll
> holders.  Theses should meet the following criteria:
>
> 1. They should be easy to transport (able to lay flat in the trunk of
> a car)
> 2. They should be inexpensive (since many will be donated)
> 3. They should be easy to use (two sheets of 1/4" plexiglas held
> together with masking tape)
> 4. They should be various sizes (for AoA scrolls all they way to Laurel
> or Duchey sizes)
> 5. They should be at 12th night
>
> Thanks for all the responses
>
> Serving Atlantia and all Her people
>
> Logan  &  Arielle

It occurs to me, Majesties, that what might serve better here than a stack of
individually cut scroll holders, would be two sheets of clear medium weight
plastic that can be rolled up for easy storage or transportation, but have
enough weight to function well in a protective capacity.  In this way, if
several scrolls of different sizes, or many scrolls of the same size, are put
on display, there is no worry that we will run out of the correct size holder.
We simply put down the first sheet, arrange the scrolls neatly on it, then
gently lay the second sheet over them.  That way we can also make optimal use
of the space on the table.

Miriam bat Mordecai