Re: Scroll idea

Poster: "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir" <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

Allah's Blessed Peace!!

> Don't confuse the reaction of someone receiving a computer-generated
> "scroll," which is really nothing more than a piece of paper, with
someone
> receiving a hand-done scroll, which is a piece of artwork.  The first is
> nothing more than an automated pat on the back, no better than the
> "certificate of merit" you can buy at the local Staples and fill in on
the
> spot; big surprise if it's not appreciated (by fighters or anyone else).
No
> great  trouble goes into making it, no great pleasure goes into receiving
it
> (beside the pleasure of winning itself, which may be considerable.)

I have to disagree with you, at least in part.  Tamara of Rowanwald did
some wonderful "promissory scrolls" that I delivered to Their Majesties at
Pointless War.  They were computer generated, but Tamara had taken the
trouble and time to embellish the wood pulp and toner into something a
little less invasive and alot more beautiful.

I don't know that a promissory of this type would make it into a frame and
be the centerpiece on my wall, but it beats the hell out of a
non-embellished scroll that is gratuitous at best.

I understand the kingdom has been chipping away at a hefty backlog for
scrolls, so promissories are a way of life for us right now.  Bother.  Yet,
I appreciate what I get regardless, and the fact that someone took the time
to make it look nicer enhances that fact.

Falcone
Donald S. Wagner             Sayyid Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir
Lead Technical Instructor        Barony of Windmasters' Hill
AT&T WorldNet Service                Kingdom of Atlantia