Well it finally happened-reply

Poster: WzrdKing@aol.com

    Many grateful thanks to all of the wonderous Lords and Ladies who took
the time to reply. You are all overwhelming proof that the SCA is indeed a
haven of kind and gentle people, and if a few of the other kind slip in; may
they learn from your example.
    I thank all of you for your kindness, and as one gracious lady was so
good as to point out, "Telling people they are not in period, is not in
period."
    My humble thanks,
       Luther
PS for the curious my sin was wearing a coat of arms which had yet to be
registered. It is a varient of my family's coat of arms, actually a
combination of two versions, (one from the eleventh century and one from the
fourteenth,) so that it would be unique and fit SCA guidelines. I have the
papers ready to try and register it, but with my wife still in the hospital,
I haven't been able to do much lately.