Re: Well it finally happened-reply

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

  PS for the curious my sin was wearing a coat of arms which had yet to be
  registered. It is a varient of my family's coat of arms, actually a
  combination of two versions, (one from the eleventh century and one from the
  fourteenth,) so that it would be unique and fit SCA guidelines. I have the
  papers ready to try and register it, but with my wife still in the hospital,
  I haven't been able to do much lately.

[I see temptation before me... I shall not yield...]

I wouldn't want to reopen the cantankerous and narrow-appeal thread that
we've had before...

But to wear unregistered arms is, at worst, a violation of Society
conventions.  It is certainly not hubris (everyone in the Society is
entitled to bear arms).

It is a very period practice, in fact, to assume arms and wear them.  Pedro
has written extensively and with good authority on this topic, and I'd urge
you to read his work with care and good attention.

Nevertheless...  It is never "period" nor courteous to yell at someone in a
public place.  It is not appropriate to yell at someone over a mere
difference of opinion.  It is further inappropriate to yell at someone who
has, in ignorance, made an error.  It is foolish to yell at someone at a
demo when you are trying to make a good impression.

	Tibor