On the subject of Fealty

Poster: stephancm@juno.com (Peter H Clarke)

Unto the Patrons of the Merry Rose does Stephan of Caer Mear send Happy
Holiday Greetings,

I have some questions to pose to everyone:

If someone is a squire to a knight and becomes a territorial Baron, how
does his fealty to the knight affect his fealty to the King?

Are they in conflict?

Should the squire break fealty to the knight?

If fealty to both is acceptable, what happens if the knight and the King
have differing opinions on a subject,  I assume you would have to accept
what the King says.

I am particularly interested in current and previous monarch's and
knight's opinions on this matter.

It is not my desire to disrupt any territorial Baron's way of thinking.
Or cause them to change their status.   I am just curious.

Appy-Ha ew-N ear-Y,

ephan-Stay

(any one speak pig latin? )