Re: A question on pronunciation

Poster: "Edward R. Ewen, Jr." <tewen@gandalf.cs.wcu.edu>

On a similar note,

When I joined the SCA I decided I wanted a Scot persona, and did some
research.  Since I wanted to keep my mundane name (since it is a good
Scots/English name indeed) I simply translated it into gaelic: Iomharr
Eoghainn.  The amazing part is, I had a choice of names to use (as Eogan
says) but I found that my first and last names were interchangable.

Thence:

 Edward: Son of Edward
   Ewen: Son of Edward

Well, since I am a junior, my name could be construed as:
  Son of Edward, Son of Edward, Son of Edward, Son of Edward

And my eldest boy is the III so he is
  Son of Edward, Son of Edward, Son of Edward, Son of Edward, Son of
Edward, Son of Edward (I think)

My question is, who was the first Edward, and whose son _WAS_ he?

(Sorry, been one of those days)

Edward