[MR] Braveheart

Poster: edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com (Alfredo el Bufon)

Baron Corun wrote, in response to Eogan mac Ailpein:

> > In honor to archers of the past, myself and other archers in the WHBAC
> > (death from a distance tm) occassionally use the gesture to taunt heavies
> > in a battle.  It's safer than baring ourselves as they did in Braveheart.
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> And certainly more accurately period (don't get me started on that film).

Since I was taught to ignore parenthetical directives, I feel I can
ask: If that film is so inaccurate, why did it win all those Oscars
over that other big moon-shot film?
In fact, I'd like to see how "Apollo 13" would have turned out if
its makers had shown the same degree of concern for historical
accuracy as did the makers of "Braveheart".

-- Alfredo

Alfredo el Bufon
Elvegast, Windmaster's Hill, Atlantia
edh@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com
______________________________________
"We will catch King Harry's bands,
Cut Welsh fingers from Welsh hands,"
Said the Constable of France at Agincourt.
But the British forces won,
Though outnumbered five to one.
They put Frenchmen in their barrows
With those little combat arrows.