University of Atlantia

Poster: The Davidsons <paradox@gamewood.net>

Greetings unto all my fair cousins of Atlantia from Lady Rosalind Jehanne,
local autocrat of the Winter University. I would like to share several
points of information with you.
        Problems with the Howard Johnson's motel have hopefully now been
resolved, as I have been able to get a new contract with them set up (the
old one was vanished, along with their previous manager). They are charging
$44 for a room for four people. They will allow more people in the room, at
$8/head (although how they will know how many are extra I don't know). I
have checked *all* the other hotels in the area and this is the best rate -
many of the others won't allow more than 4 people in the room at all. The
manager is an SCA sympathizer, and is giving us EconoLodge prices at a nice
hotel. We do still have some crash space available for those that are really
limited financially - contact me if there is a major problem.
        The Shire will have lunch fare available for modest prices on site.
We will have hoddgepot (chicken stew), Welsh rarebit, apples, bread, divers
desserts, hot mulled cider, and iced raspberry tea. Soda and juice machines
are available, and restaurants (fast and otherwise) are close by.
        Some children's activities will be planned - we ask that parents
help out some if possible. Times will be posted at the registration table.
        A dance revel is planned for 8 pm until? It will be in the Piedmont
Room at the Howard Johnsons' just off the lobby. If there is interest in a
bardic circle, I will find a place (probably the room next to the dance
hall) for that as well.
        I will be sending this missive as a letter to all the senechals by
snail mail as well, but I ask as a favor if all who receive this would share
this information with as many as possible in their local groups. Thanks!
        I remain in service to you all, and excited about this upcoming
University,
                                Rosalind