Re: Dogs - the real poop

Poster: "Stephanie M. Thorson" <smt2@st-andrews.ac.uk>

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, William Morris wrote:

> Clone sheep...clone dogs...it no longer matters the type of animal.  I
> don't think it will take 15 years to start developing the furry friend of
> your choice.

Ectually, (she says, going all British), the recent cloning of the sheep
in Edinburgh had nothing whatsoever to do with any genome research.  The
canine genome project, like the human genome project, is aimed towards
mapping the placement of genes on the DNA chain - *not* with cloning
animals, or even really with genetic engineering.

Alianora