Re: vocabulary nit-picking

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

Elen Prydydd wrote:

> These two words are:  populous and populace.  "Populous" is an adjective
> that means, roughly, densely inhabited.  "Populace" is a noun that
> means, roughly, inhabitants.

And then said that the misuse of "populous" was making her twitch.

Normally I frown on quoting someone and saying "Me Too!" on the net, but
in this case I'd like to register my support for the correct use of
English.  Every time I read someone writing about "the populous" I get a
facial tick.

Dafydd