Re: info request -- limning

Poster: Dick Eney <dickeney@access.digex.net>

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Sean Robinson wrote:

> hi. vyvyan broussard here. im not yet on this mailing list but i was
> hoping someone could supply me with information on an artform called
> limning. any info is helpful.

It's half the art of producing finely decorated scrolls.  Limning is doing
the graphics, while calligraphy is doing the lettering.  In the Good Olde
Days these were often treated as separate specialties, but moderns can't
afford such specialization and scribes mostly do their own illumination.

|---------Master Vuong Manh, C.P., Storvik, Atlantia---------|
|Now, let's stop and think: how would Bugs Bunny handle this?|
|----------------(dickeney@access.digex.net)-----------------|