Re: [EK] Re:native american persona?

Poster: Tom Brady <tabrady@mindspring.com>

At 01:20 AM 3/25/97 -0500, TismanBRos@aol.com wrote:
>I was under the impression that the SCA was dedicated to ALL cultures and the
>operations thereof in period...

As a matter of clarification:
A reading from the Certificate of Amendment of Articles of Incorporation of
the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (9/14/89), Article II:
"The purposes for which this corporation is formed include:
a) Research and education in the field of pre-17th-Century Western Culture.

b) Generally, to engage in research, publish material of relevance and
interest to the field of pre-17th-Century Western Culture; to present
activities and events which re-create the environment of said era, such as,
but not limited to, tournaments, jousts, fairs, dances, classes, et cetera;
to acquire authentic or reproduced replicas of chattels representative of
said era; and to collect a library."

<chant>Aaaaaaamen</chant>

(Found at http://www.sca.org/laws/incorp.hbk.html)

-Duncan, whose Catholic upbringing may be showing