Re: Fubawaba Fubar:^(

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Later, this same gentle wrote:

> Ironically, the term didn't have anything at all to do with physical
> appearance.  We just labeled some people with the term and when we were
> asked what it meant, we found a way to explain our acronym.  Terrible
> choice...too.

I must say that when I read the the original passage, and the
commentaries that so many others posted, it never occurred to
me to try matching the letters of the word with the initials
in the definition.  If I had done that, it would have tempered
my reaction to the definition.

I suggest that anyone trying to explain an acronym or swatarsp
(_S_uch _W_ords _A_s _T_hese _A_re _R_eally _S_hortened _P_hrases)
should at least write the important letters in uppercase.

Also, consider the possibility that some words are not acronyms
at all.

-- Alfredo el Bufon
Canton of Elvegast
Barony of Windmaster's Hill