Re: [MR] He said, Sidhe said

Poster: William Morris <william.morris@sc.edu>

>Lady Rhiall writes:
>> Hope I'm not beating a dead horse.  I'm just catching up on mail after
>> delivering the baby.
>
>Please allow me to offer congratulations and
>well-wishes for the bairnie.
>
>> When approached at Pennsic a few years back by a lady wearing a scanty
>> costume and elf ears I responded with the concern that my 12th century
>> persona would.  I gave her some Atlantian coinage and informed her where she
>> could seek shelter, clothing and medical aid from the good monks just up the
>> road.  As she had a horible affliction affecting her ears, and since she was
>> terribly poor by the state of her dress, I informed her that I would pray to
>> God for her recovery.  This no doubt helped earn me brownie points in that
>> long quest for heaven.
>
>Not according to the story of the Shoemaker and the Elves.
>The Wee Folk were happy to make wonderous shoes for no pay,
>until one night when they found some nice little clothes the
>shoemaker's wife had made for them.  They left, never to return.
>So, you see, you don't earn any points with the Brownies by
>showing concern for their plain rags.
>
>Was that lady at Pennsic appreciative?
>
>-- Alfredo

No response to what's quoted above (snicker, chuckle) but I can't stop
laughing from the subject heading (hee, hee, snort, snicker)

Very nice (guffaw, deep breath, snicker)

Lord Liam a'Welwyn, Seneschal,Canton of Cyddlain Downs,
Chronicler, Barony of Nottinghill Coill,
and Free Scholar of the Academie d'Espee
william.morris@sc.edu