[Banter] Logic

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Ld. J. Blackbow writes

> PLEASE don't tell me I made the mistake of thinking that everybody
> would get that joke.
>
> You know, joke.  A comment intended to engender yux.
>
> I REFUSE to get into a logic debate over a joke.  They don't mix.

I got the joke, but I disagree that logic and humor don't mix.

-- Sr. A. el Bufon
  "And how do you know that you're mad?"
  "To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?"
  "I suppose so," said Alice.
  "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see, a dog growls when it's
angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm
pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."
  "I call it purring, not growling," said Alice.
  "Call it what you like," said the Cat.