Re: ? Ugly and Stupid ?

Poster: "Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir" <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

Salaam!!

> Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>
>

> Jonathan Blackbow writes:
> >
> >      [Trust me on this one - when the Merry Rose starts trying to
discuss a
> >      northern principality, it gets ugly, and stupid, and useless,
usually
> >      fairly quickly.  (q.v. the archives)]
>

> Gosh, what a nice way to put it.  Frankly, I found the whole discussion
> rather educational, about people and attitudes, mostly.

It should be obvious to all that Blackbow wasn't generalizing every post
out there as ugly and stupid, Leifr.

This is a touchy subject, however, and we can expect candid and frank
opinions to be shared.  These opinions aren't ugly and stupid until we
start to demean others because their position is different than ours.  This
has happened a bit lately, and I, as proven by my "fub up", am proof that
it happens.

The simple fact of the matter is that change happens, too, and principality
for the North or South should be discussed.  If it isn't viable and could
do grave damage to kingdom, it must be found out.  If it is viable and will
encourage healthy evolution in our kingdom, that also must be found out.

Jonathon is right in a sense.  In this forum, as almost all others, if we
don't foster a healthy attitude where there is no risk for having a
different opinion, our discussion will be ugly and stupid and just pretty
damn useless.  None of us are idiots and everyone's opinion does count, or
we might miss the best ideas if we close the windows of our minds.

Besides, this is just the subject where we might be able to find another
principal for OHC.  You and I need to quit trading that job off and give
someone else a turn;)

Falcone
Donald S. Wagner             Sayyid Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir
Lead Technical Instructor        Barony of Windmasters' Hill
AT&T WorldNet Service                Kingdom of Atlantia