Empire of Chivalry & Steel - some observations

Poster: "David H Ritterskamp" <dhritter@dpcmail.dukepower.com>

     1.  They use live steel.  This means that you had better be well
     armored.  They don't use thrusting at all.  Their armor requirements
     are a little more stringent, i.e., forearms are required and armpits
     need to have some sort of armor covering them.  They use combat
     archery in melees, and shields are handled differently; if the battle
     involves combat archery, shields will be allowed; otherwise, they
     don't use shields.  Finally, somebody who realizes that weapons can't
     block arrows!

     2.  They're mostly out west.

     3.  They have a maximum shield size (22" x 28") and their shields are
     only used for tourneys, no melee.

     4.  They're not very large.

     Other than that, they're a carbon copy of the SCA, near as I can tell.
      Oh, there are (I'm sure) a few other differences, but nothing that
     makes them significantly different.  A few rules that I wouldn't mind
     seeing incorporated at some point.

     FYI,

     Ld. Jonathan Blackbow
     House O'Shannon