Re: Empire of Chivalry & Steel - some observations

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

>      1.  [...] shields are handled differently; if the battle
>      involves combat archery, shields will be allowed; otherwise,
>      they don't use shields.  Finally, somebody who realizes that
>      weapons can't block arrows!

It sounds to me that they've realized that sheilds block arrows
but not other weapons.  (But I'm not sure either realization is
accurate).

>   [...]
>      3.  [...] their shields are only used for tourneys, no melee.
>   [...]

Point 1 and point 3 combined seem to imply that they have combat
archery in tourneys.  This is another way that they differ from
the SCA, no?

-- Alfredo el Bufon