Re[2]: Empire of Chivalry & Steel - some observations

Poster: "David H Ritterskamp" <dhritter@dpcmail.dukepower.com>

     Lady Lawles [Emma] has (in her SUB-tul and gracious way) pointed out
     that perhaps there are some people out there who have no idea what the
     heck I was talking about.

     In addition to the Merry Rose, I keep tabs on Trimaris' mailing list,
     and this came up. Genius that I am, I didn't pay attn. to which list
     it came from.

     Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure it came from there.
     ANYWAY, I got ahold of some blurb on the Empire of Chivalry & Steel
     and thought that it might hold some interest/amusement/whatever.

     The web page, in case anyone's interested, is

     http://members.aol.com/ECSCorp/empire.htm

     c-ya,

     Ld. JB

David H Ritterskamp wrote:

> Poster: "David H Ritterskamp" <dhritter@dpcmail.dukepower.com>
>
>      1.  They use live steel.  This means that you had better be
well
>      armored.  They don't use thrusting at all.  Their armor
requirements
>      are a little more stringent, i.e., forearms are required and
armpits
>      need to have some sort of armor covering them.  They use combat
>      archery in melees, and shields are handled differently; if the
battle
>      involves combat archery, shields will be allowed; otherwise,
they
>      don't use shields.  Finally, somebody who realizes that weapons
 can't
>      block arrows!
>
>      2.  They're mostly out west.
>
>      3.  They have a maximum shield size (22" x 28") and their
shields are
>      only used for tourneys, no melee.
>
>      4.  They're not very large.
>
>      Other than that, they're a carbon copy of the SCA, near as I
can tell.
>       Oh, there are (I'm sure) a few other differences, but nothing
that
>      makes them significantly different.  A few rules that I
wouldn't mind
>      seeing incorporated at some point.
>
>      FYI,
>
>      Ld. Jonathan Blackbow