Re: Regional event planning

Poster: Lance Harrop <lharrop@mrj.com>

Lord Gregory, you wondered:

> > Actually, all we need is a deputy Kingdom Chronicler for scheduling
> > Northern events who is selected and answerable to the Northern local
> > seneschals.
>
> I hope you aren't implying that the Kingdom Chronicler isn't quite
> efficient at handling the calendar.

Lord Rabah does an excellent job exercising his responsibilities.

It is not, however, his responsibility to get the Northern seneschals to
work together to iron out a calendar of events which covers every
weekend, has a wide variety of events which do not need to be all things
for all people, but still allows every group to have a reasonable share
of events.

The Northern Seneschals (all seneschals, for that matter) decide what
events will be held.  They can, if they wish (and they haven't all always
wished to) work together to exercise that authority in harmony, to create
one master calendar, with a set round of tourney's, round of dance
events, round of great feasts, and cover a variety of speciality events
(like collegiums) and coordinate on bidding on kingdom level events.

And, since this is their power, they can, theorectically, assign one
individual to maintain and coordinate the calendar.  Such a person would
of course, work with the Kingdom Chronicler, but he/she would exercise
the delegated powers of the local seneschals.

And that, bluntly put, is what I am suggesting.

Would it require changes to the rules?  Useful, but not necessary.

In Service
Leifr Johansson