Re: baronies/shires/etc

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Evan wrote:

>Jonathan writes:
>> Maybe a Shire needs a direct representative to the Kingdom just like a
>> barony does.  I don't know if that would do it, but it's somewhere to
>> start.
>
>I think one Eastern group still has a "Sheriff" -- I'm told that once upon
>a time "shire-reeves" represented Shires to the Crown in the East, until
>the Board told them to stop. Others here may know more about this.

Gentlemen,

Isn't the Seneschal of a Shire the direct representative to the Crown for
that Shire? Mistress Keilyn, do you have any clarification of this?

In service,
Corun

     Corun MacAnndra   |   Dark Horde by birth   |   Moritu by choice
Though we are not now that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven,
that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time
and fates, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield.