Re: coat of arms

Poster: Alys of Foxdale <foxdale@wolfstar.com>

> Poster: TismanBRos@aol.com
>
> Question...  Is it really necissary to have a device registered to put it on
> your shield?  I thought you could put just about anything on the face of a
> shield to make it look spiff...
>
> Tisman

Well, it isn't strictly necessary -- but it is advisable if you don't
want to end up sharing your device with someone else.

Consulting with heralds first and going through the registration
process is also a good way to make sure you're not going to be using
an obtrusively modern design or style.

   Alys of Foxdale        | Vert, on a fess between three trees
foxdale@wolfstar.com      |     argent, a fox passant gules.