Event Monopolies

Poster: Neil Maclay <nmaclay@psi.prc.com>

Alfredo el Bufon suggests:

>Under the current system, the very "must-see" events that would
>benefit (or at least not suffer from some competion are the ones
>who get the most protection from a state-sponsered monopoly.
>This system should be turned on its head.

I agree with Lord Alfredo that it is the smaller more
local events that can more easily be dammaged by poor
scheduling. Of course one of the reasons that major Kingdom
events are so well protected is money. A reality that we
must live with is that a fiar amount of the Kingdoms budget
comes from the profits of Kingdom events. In this way our
Royal monopolies on Kingdom events serve the same purpose
that medieval royal monopolies did. Many of the Goofs can
speak more knowledgebly than I can on these matters. I am
notoriously shy when it come to doing paper work.

I agree with Lord Leifr that what is needed to address
the problems that I raised, is not more LAWS, but more
getting together and discussing the years schedule on
a reginal basis. Of course this means trading off,
compromissing, and log-rolling. In other words,
more politics!

	Malcolm MacMalcolm