Re: Garb

Poster: Rcardiff@aol.com

Even the romans had more than one type of purple. Tyrian (the expensive type)
and other dyes. I would say it depends on country, time period, etc.

One of my bug bears has always been that when someone claims a custom or item
is (or is not) period, they usually only have researched their own narrow
50-100 yr period. What is not period for a 10th century German might be
completely fine for a 14th century Moor, or a 10th century Frenchman for that
matter.

What period are you asking about?
                                      Miriam--who could probobly find you a
half dozen plants to make purple.