RE: Garb

Poster: E L Wimett <SILVERDRAGON@Charleston.Net>

Purple is fine.

The only thing you might want to be aware of if you are "ultra-authenticist" is that purple dyes were not available in all areas at all times in period and that some definitely color-shifted.  The "true" purple was expensive and therefore tended to be a luxury item that only the very rich (in most areas in period the upper nobility) could afford.

There are a fair number of nice "lavendar" natural dyes from period available, however, so I'd go with it if you like it and feel it looks good on you.