Re: Stupid question..

Poster: Dave Montuori <damont@wolfstar.com>

Uh-oh, here we go again...

Ash <phantom@atomic.net> wrote:

> What is the general given time for the Middle Ages?
> as in from what to what? :)
> thank you and sorry to ask a stupid question.

It's *not* a stupid question. It is, however, a question that has no
single answer -- and causes many religious debates, not only among
SCAdians, but mundane historians as well.

Master Thomas taught a class at University of Atlantia in '95 or '96
called "The Waning of the Middle Ages" -- we decided that they started to
end around 1450 or so, and Columbus delivered the coup de grace. Your
mileage may vary.

*Starting* time? I've heard everywhere from the late 200's to 1066.
And no, I'm not about to venture an opinion. Too much depends on one's
definition of "The Middle Ages."

Evan, struggling valiantly (but in vain) to avoid the onslaught to follow