medieval cooking

Poster: Etaine@aol.com

What would you be interested in and what have you tried already?  I can
recommend a few books, but without knowing what you have already tried, I
might be repeating old news.

Here's a list of books to try, just in case you haven't already.

The Medieval Cookbook, by Maggie Black
Dining with William Shakespeare, Magge Lorin
Fabulous Feasts, by Madeleine Pelner Cosman
and not necessarily entirely medieval but you can figure out what they would
not have had available.. there's From Celtic Hearths, by Deborah Krasner.

You can subscribe to the Merry Rose (although I warn you here and now) it's
not always about food.  However, once on-line ask for an e-mail address for
Judith Smith or Judith Gruenwaldt - she is an excellent source of information
on medieval cooking.
Here it is:  atlantia@atlantia.sca.org

Care to swap information.... what have you tried?  Have you made bread over
an open fire?  We are trying to make an oven on the lines of the kitchens in
Hampton Court in London.

Etaine (Cheryl)