Re: April and May kingdom returns

Poster: Beverly Robinson-Curry <corvus2@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>

At 01:21 PM 5/29/97 +0000, Melys wrote:

>hi rhiannon!  you wrote:
>
>> Finn Mac Iolair - name and device - name undocumentable
>> Finn Mac Iolair - badge - no name (NOTE:  A name must be registered before
>> or in conjunction with any armory submissions.  If the name is returned, so
>> must be the armory.)
>
>i'm confused...  (and everybody choruses "and this is different HOW?")  i
>thought that under certain circumstances a holding name - ie, finn of
>wherever-he's-from - would be registered if a name didn't pass, and i
>thought that the holding names were created specifically so that a device
>could still be considered if the name bounced.  did i dream this?  or am i
>conflating two entirely separate processes?  please enlighten me as to the
>error of my ways...

Here is the answer for one and all...

The formation of a holding name is only allowed at the Laurel level.
Kingdoms are not allowed to form holding names on submissions where the
armory is good, but the name needs work.  Holding names only apply when the
name passes kingdom and a glitch is found by Laurel.

Lady Rhiannon Ui Neill
Triton Principal Herald, Atlantia
House Corvus, Sacred Stone