Re: April and May kingdom returns (fwd)

Poster: clevin@ripco.com (Craig Levin)

Melys:

> hi rhiannon!  you wrote:
>
> > Finn Mac Iolair - name and device - name undocumentable
> > Finn Mac Iolair - badge - no name (NOTE:  A name must be registered before
> > or in conjunction with any armory submissions.  If the name is returned, so
> > must be the armory.)
>
> i'm confused...  (and everybody choruses "and this is different HOW?")  i
> thought that under certain circumstances a holding name - ie, finn of
> wherever-he's-from - would be registered if a name didn't pass, and i
> thought that the holding names were created specifically so that a device
> could still be considered if the name bounced.  did i dream this?  or am i
> conflating two entirely separate processes?  please enlighten me as to the
> error of my ways...

Not having a copy of the submission (or, for that matter, the
original) before me, I can only venture a guess. The most likely
scenario was that the gentleman neglected to check the box saying
that he wanted a holding name made for him, in case his "real
name" had a problem (which it did). Since the box wasn't checked
(remember, this is _only_ _a_ _hypothesis_!), the heralds had no
choice but to return his name and badge.

Pedro de Alcazar, AoA
Barony of Storvik, Atlantia
Pursuivant Extraordinary and Junior Minion
Or, six Castles Vert within a Bordure Gules Bezantty
--
http://pages.ripco.com:8080/~clevin/index.html
clevin@ripco.com