Re: FW: May Laurel Acceptances and Returns

Poster: Michael and MJ Houghton <herveus@access.digex.net>

Corun clarified:

[snip]

> Agreed and understood, however I may not have phrased my comment clearly, so
> let me do so again. If someone draws up their device on a submission forrm
> and writes somewhere on it (either in the notes field or elsewhere) that it
> is "Or a cow salient sable" and then draws the device on the shield but it
> looks instead like a goat, then shouldn't the Herald know from the description
> that it is indeed a goat rather than a cow? And since these submissions are
> supposed to be (and that may be a key point here) done with the help of a
> Herald, shouldn't that Herald make some notations as well so as to avoid
> confusion?

[snip]

If the drawing were clearly a goat even though blazoned a cow, it would get
reblazoned and registered as a goat. However, were it to be not clearly one
or the other, a return for a redraw is in order.

The charges as drawn must be identifiable, and the drawing must be
reconstructable from the blazon. If you can't go from blazon to emblazon
back to blazon (or emblazon to blazon to emblazon) and end up with what
you started with, there is a problem. Often this problem manifests itself
as a great difficulty blazoning the picture.

yours,
Herveus