Re: May Laurel Acceptances and Returns

Poster: Stephen Mumford <redline@catharsis.com>

> This dilemma somes up regularly: is it an X? or a Y? The submitter clearly
> wants X, but the drawing has too much Y-ness... What's a Laurel to do?

I was under the impression that one of the reasons (if not the main one)
of having the person's telephone number on the submission sheet was so
that the heralds (whether it be Kingdom or Laurel level) could give the
person a call if it was a small/easily asnwerable question about their
device.  In this case, (cow vs. goat) I think a simple phone call would
have solved the problem right away, and allowed the device to pass (or
fail, depending on conflicts, etc.)

Now, admitadely, this could not (and should not) be done on every single
thing that thye CoA comes across (if they did, they'd never be able to get
any of their work done!) but I would think a telephone call would be
appropriate in cases such as this where the artwork is to blame for
potential misunderstanding.

Julien