Re: FW: May Laurel Acceptances and Returns

Poster: Corun MacAnndra <corun@access.digex.net>

Herveus did thus elucidate:

> If the drawing were clearly a goat even though blazoned a cow, it would get
> reblazoned and registered as a goat. However, were it to be not clearly one
> or the other, a return for a redraw is in order.

Reblazoned by whom? The submitter or the Herald who misreads the drawing?
Remember, at this point we have to consider that cows and goats are thus
in the eye of the beholder if the drawing looks other than the emblazon
says. If there is any confusion, and an emblazon that appears different
from the blazon should throw up a red flag of confusion, I do not believe
that it is right or proper that a Herald anywhere in the chain of command
should take it upon themsleves to reblazon someone's device for them. That
device should be returned for a redraw of the emblazon or a clarification of
the blazon. The submitter must live with that device, and has in fact paid
for the privilege to have what they want so long as it is conflict free.

> The charges as drawn must be identifiable, and the drawing must be
> reconstructable from the blazon. If you can't go from blazon to emblazon
> back to blazon (or emblazon to blazon to emblazon) and end up with what
> you started with, there is a problem. Often this problem manifests itself
> as a great difficulty blazoning the picture.

Precisely the point I'm making. If it says cow and looks like a goat, then
it should be returned for clarification in all cases, and not reblazoned
at the whim of the Herald.

In service,
Corun

--
     Corun MacAnndra   |   Dark Horde by birth   |   Moritu by choice
 I do not understand objections to 'cruel and unusual' punishment. While a