Re: FW: May Laurel Acceptances and Returns

Poster: Me <dungeon@norfolk.infi.net>

At 06:11 PM 6/2/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Poster: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace@acm.org>
>
>On Mon, 2 Jun 1997 Corun or Caitlain (I'm not sure which) wrote:
>
>> Is there not a place on the submission form where one writes, in the
>> language
>> of Heralds, the device?
>
>Actually, if you check the fine print, you'll see that the place
>for the blazon says "For Triton Use Only."  Therefore, they will
>take what is drawn and add the proper blazon to it.
>
>Kendrick
>Sometime herald
>
>---
>             |                       lovelace@acm.org
>             |\                       Arlington, VA
> 8*<%%%%%%%%%|+>-===================================================-----
>             |/      Per chevron argent and azure, a wolf passant
>             |     sable between three compass roses counterchanged.

I think they should have a space for the baronial herald to put his version
of the proper blazon.And use the picture at triton level as more of a loose
reference instead of such an important one.That also saves heralds from
mistakes on the final blazon.I think that would make much more sense then
having to guess the elements on a device submission shield picture.Since
most  of the time the baronial herald looks at all submissions most of the
time if not all the time and they have a space on the form that says
consulting herald:) Just a thought when the next victim err... herald
revises all the herald handbook stuff.
Myrddin of Marinus