Re: Off topic -- kombucha

Poster: Dick Eney <dickeney@access.digex.net>

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Cheryl Lloyd wrote:
> Poster: Cheryl Lloyd <lizardmom@geocities.com>
>
> Anyone local (DC and Maryland) know anything aboout this mushroom?  Have
> a starter?

Well, to begin with it's not a typical mushroom.  It's essentially a
vinegar culture, but it's one that forms a solid-ish mass of stuff that
floats on top and grows more layers.  I tried the stuff for a while and
rather liked it (but then I grew up drinking cider that was past its prime
and I don't mean applejack), but gave up making it because it was a
nuisance to do.

You can buy starter for it (last I knew) at Smile Herb Shop in College
Park.

=Tamar the Gypsy (sharing account dickeney@access.digex.net)