Re: Belt & Chain - Actual Lyrics (long)

Poster: mn13189@WCUVAX1.WCU.EDU

I think it is very interesting to see these original lyrics and then
compare them to the ones more commonly sung in Atlantia.  The differences
are slight, but they are there, and by changing a few words (word=worth,
serve=best, for instance) whole new meanings emerge.  It's great to see
the folk process at work, to watch a people make a song their own,
conciously or unconsciously.
Aye,
Eogan

           "I brought ye to the ring.  Now dance best ye can."
   Matthew Allen Newsome            |	    Lard Eogan Og Mac Labruinn
   intern consultant/curator	    |       Altantian Royal Bard
   Scottish Tartan Museum           |	    Chronicler, MSoB
   & Heritage Center	    	    |	    (Militant Society of Bards)
   http://intertekweb.com/tartans/  |	    Clan Og, SCA
   <tartans@dnet.net>               |       "IT'S ONLY A GAME!"