Pearl Travel and Teaching

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

Dafydd greets Cheapside!

In the continuing discussion of the Pearl, Travel, and Teaching, I'd like
to expand on something I said earlier.

The Pearl is for Kingdom-level excellence in the arts and teaching.
Atlantia is particularly favored among all Kingdoms in having the best
University system around; this is a superb way to spread knowledge of your
art.  There is a VERY high correlation between Pearls and University of
Atlantia teachers.

It happens that there are several media in which an artisan can teach
without travelling at all.  The Oak, Atlantia's A&S publication, is one of
them, as are the SCA publications Tournaments Illuminated and the
Complete Anachronist.  For those tactile arts in which a written
description is useful, or for any art where you wish to share some
research with a broader audience, all you have to do is publish.  As a
Pearl (and a Laurel) I value articles in the Oak, TI, and CA very highly
when responding to a polling.

Regards,

Dafydd