[Fwd: Re: Llamas]

This is from, me,  Jocetta - apologies to Malcom MacMalcolm who will get
the original of this with only my email address.  Ooops.

-- BEGIN included message

<snip>
> It is interesting to note that for the Spanish,
> armored calvery was their decisive tactical advantage rather
> than their firearms.
 <snip>

It is also interesting to note that their smallpox - an endemic disease
among Europeans of that period - was even more effective than either
against a New World population with absolutely no immunity to it. (I'm
currently reading _Plagues and Peoples_  by William H. McNeil, Anchor
Books/Doubleday, New York 1977.  A fascinating study of the historical
effects of diseases.)

-- END included message