Re: SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Falcone al Rasool ibn Muhajir:

> Beth Morris wrote:
> >
> <SNIP>
> > Rise brings up a point about the out of country rules, and I suspect the
> > difference is because the liability rules for hosting parties, etc are
> > different in other countries than here.
>
> That is correct.  Although laws in the states differ a little, there is
> an underlying standard that is easily applied.  When you try to add
> other countries, it is much more complicated to combine law and
> liability issues, so we are leaving it up to their own laws.

I see three possibilities:

  1) Local groups _need_ this new policy to guide them, but those
     local groups that happen to lie outside will have to suffer.

  2) Some groups need this policy and others don't, and, fortunately,
     only American groups need it.

  3) No group really needs this policy, so the Board can simply
     apply it in the US, where US standards make it convenient
     for the Board to apply it.

Have I missed anything?

-- Alfredo