Re: SCA Alcohol Policy

Poster: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy@abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>

Tehair wrote:
  I do not like the proposed wording because I believe that if the aim
  is to insulate the SCA from suits brought by someone hurt,
  or whose property was damaged, by a drunken scadian
  who got that way from drinking alcohol at an SCA event -- this wording
  does not accomplish it.  The injured individual will still sue the
  SCA as a deep pocket and the SCA will still have to pay the costs of
  defending itself.  This wording only insulates the SCA
  from potential damage awards that could be awarded
  by a jury, and the organization is doing this at the expense of its members.

But I believe the point is that Host Liquor liability insurance is
affordable (hurt after drinking at an SCA event) but that Liquor Service
Liability insurance is not (hurt after served drinks by the SCA).

	Tibor