The ability to take Orders

Poster: "Ed Hopkins" <Ed.Hopkins@MCI.Com>

Leifr speculates about the Order of the Hairy Chasm and
the Known World Order:

> It seems to me that the OHC and the KWO must naturally be antithecal (sp).

I spell it "antitheoretical".

> The first order holds that no concept or idea is not worthy of discussion,
> the second that certain ideas can be declared "dead on arrival" by fiat of
> some claimed authority (like the two generation Scadian who told me in my
> first month that there would be no new kingdoms in the Society, that was
> back when there were twelve, now there are thirteen, soon there will be
> fifteen).  What would be the badge of the KWO?  A map of the Known World
> on a roundel surrounded by black chain?

I think the map of the Known World won't pass the "cross the room"
test, but other than that I like it.

For a motto, I propose "ne plus ultra" ("nothing more beyond").

But I suppose the members of the order should decide what badge
and motto they want to represent them.

-- Alfredo