Re: Medieval Acting Groups and a request for some Italian, please

Poster: Franca E Gorraz <francagorraz@sprintmail.com>

Stephen Mumford wrote:

> Poster: Stephen Mumford <redline@shore.intercom.net>
>
> Greetings, all!
>
> One of the members in our group is interested in possibly starting up a
> little acting troupe.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in
> this, and if so, could they possibly suggest some ideas to get started
> with, or things they encountered?
>
> Also, she likes the idea of the troupe's name to be "The Devil's
> Laughter", although, since our canton is loosely themed to Italy, she'd
> like to refer to it by it's Italian translation.  Any help on that as
> well, perhaps?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Julien de Montfort
>
> redline@catharsis.com
> redline@intercom.net
> http://www.spiaggia.org

for the name, how about 'il ghigno del diavolo'?  Laughter is 'riso',
or 'risata',  but both these terms have a connotation of good-natured
openness. Ghigno is more the smirking grin that hints at darker
thoughts and harsher truths.

your choice, of course!

al servizio di Atlantia la bella,

Eleonora Salutati degli Alberti /Franca Gorraz
francagorraz@sprintmail.com