Re: More Germainc Garb stuff

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997, Thomas J Kirchner wrote:

> Part of the whole German thing is hosen (sp) how am i supposed to wear
> tights in the middle of summer without melting.. If anone knows a
> supplier for LIGHT weight tights I would appreciate it dearly.. or am I
> going to have to go bear legged (gasp, how un civilized!)

Tights suck, frankly.  Stretchy modern things constantly drifting
southward so you have to hike them up in an undignified manner.

Real men wear real hosen.

Separate-leg tailored hosen are very comfortable; you can even roll them
down over a garter when you need to, going upper-thigh-bare, which is
wonderful for hot weather.  Of course, to do this you need nice medieval
underwear (basically linen boxers, depending upon what period we are
talking).

There are a number of tailors in this kingdom that can make fitted real
hosen; some of them work very inexpensively.

Dafydd ap Clotheshorse